History

2016

Development of own trading department

trading-historie

2015

Establishment of subsidiary company HOWAG OOD in Bulgaria

logo_bulgarien

2012

goLive of the new ERP system. proAlpha replaces SAP.

2009

Modern, spacious, perfect: HOWAG Kabel AG relocates!

After more than 70 years in Wohlen, HOWAG moves its registered headquarters to a new location with advanced infrastructure. With more space, we are now in a position to expand and modernize our machinery.

2009

New subsidiary company HOWAG Swisspur in China.

2005

HOWAG switches to lead-free soft-soldering and tinning to comply with the RoHS Directive.

In close cooperation with our suppliers, all our products are manufactured to comply with the RoHS Directive.

1995

HOWAG splits into HOWAG Kabel AG and HOWAG Kunststoffe AG.

howagkabel

1992

Change of ownership: the Greutert family takes over the business from the Breitschmids.

1956

Start of plastic extrusion.

HOWAG is Europe’s leading manufacturer of telephone connection cables.

1955

Development of the ETIRO® cable by Mr. Hollenweger.

This is a patented spiral cable in which additional nylon fibres were incorporated in order to strengthen the reset force.

1939

Participation in Swiss National Exhibition (Expo) in Zurich

historie_teilnahme

1936

Construction of and moving into our first building.

At that time, HOWAG had no neighbours but over time, the community of Wohlen has expanded around our company’s premises.

Top